Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LETTER from OTTAWA

Hi guys!

I am writing to you from Ottawa (Canada) to greet you and tell you briefly my experience as a teacher abroad. I am working in a high school that is located in the Beacon Hill neighbourhood of Gloucester, in the city of Ottawa. It is called Colonel By Secondary School…

During these weeks, I have been attending classes of different subjects (especially Music classes) to observe how the educational system in general and how one high school in particular works. Things I have observed include many details related to the relationship between the teachers and the students, the many different and effective teaching styles,...I see many things that I like and a few that I do not but in general, my experience in a Canadian high school is being really wonderful.

I speak English all the time so I´m learning a lot! I encourage you to learn languages and if you can, to take a course abroad. You know that learning a language helps you to communicate with people from other countries and it can help you in your future career. You will be the more skilled candidate when employers are interviewing and hiring.

Well, I will tell you in more detail when I return to Galicia in a few days. I hope you are studying hard!

Regards from Ottawa.

Nuria.

.................................................................Nuria Vázquez is the teacher of music in our bilingual sections

1 comment:

  1. I´m looking foward to see you Nuria. Kiss and hug. Susana Muíños

    ReplyDelete

Leave your opinion