Wednesday, November 5, 2014

CNN World: Spanish nurse's assistant leaves hospital after beating Ebola



(CNN) -- A Spanish nurse's assistant who left the hospital Wednesday after beating Ebola said she was still weak but gave thanks to God and the health workers who cared for her that she was still alive.
Looking frail but happy, Teresa Romero Ramos was greeted by cheers as she spoke to journalists, flanked by her husband, Javier Limon.
FRAIL= frágil
Romero, who described her recovery as a "miracle" from God, said she was ready to do whatever she could to help others infected with Ebola.
And she indicated that she still doesn't know how she contracted the virus.
"I don't know what went wrong. I don't even know if anything went wrong. All I know is that I hold no resentment, but if getting this disease serves a purpose to anyone, to better study the disease, to help find a cure, or if my blood helps cure another person, then here I am."
RESENTMENT = resentimiento
She added that she was "willing to try, even if it means risking my life."
Romero spent 30 days at the Carlos III Hospital in Madrid, the same hospital where she contracted the illness while helping to care for an infected missionary who had been brought back from West Africa.
She praised the care she received while there.
PRAISE = alabar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your opinion